One week to go

Wow that was fast. In one week I'm going back to tokyo. I'm only staying for one week this time but I'm glad I have the possibility to do so.
The main reason of my stay is my Girlfriend.
And main reason to write again is that I missed writing a blog :D 
Actually not much happend here in Germany. Except lot of talking to people how japan is and how my Girlfriend and I manage things. Sometimes surprising things coming up like my grandmother who found a 30 years old sake which my grandfather  got as a present from doing business with a Japanese company. I'm not sure if I can drink that but I think it's intresting that I thought I'm the first in family with contacts to Japan and then it turns out that grandparents have a story too. My grandfather told me lot of story's from his life but this was a new one.
Maybe it is the benefits of interculture relationship that brings us to new story's.
Back to topic. Tokyo again. I tried to learn much at home and with visiting a Japanese Class once a week. Also lot of learning at Starbucks which turns out to be a better place to learn than in front of my tv.
Still I always think it's not enough. I'm going there and will understand less than I want to understand. Also motivation is a  bitch. I want to have motivation to learn every free minute but that's not possible.  The mind needs a break. But I I do at least something every day. Sometimes only my anki flash cards app where you get 5 new Kanjis a day and got also questions about the Kanjis you already learned. But it's tricky. Some Kanjis my brain refuses to learn the Japanese spelling while I know what it means in English easily. But I hope in time this will get better.
The best success is indeed learning the topics of my Japanese class. So I can talk about the weather in Japanese now :D  anyway if I look objective at the learning and compare how long I'm learning English included with school... I'm not doing sooo bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside of japan

Pokémon Café in Tokyo

Sold out