Holiday at hakata station

My fukuoka trip is nearly over.
It was my second time in fukuoka. The first time was very short so this time we wanted it to be more relaxing.
It totally worked out.
Our hotel is close to the hakata station. With the station comes many shopping mals and restaurants. So we spent actually much time around that station area.
Also we had some nice time with my mother in law, I met a former boss of my wife, enjoyed massages in the hotel, ate lots of udon noodles, had fun at the Hardrock Café and were at the cinema.
Today we even managed to head to the really nice beach at fukuoka and I played there with my ukulele. Normally I'm playing more guitar but when it comes to travel, nothing beats the ukulele!
The beach was pretty empty. Maybe couse it was no weekend but it's also nice that it wasn't so crowded.
One other thing which was amazing was a trip to a really big Buddha statue. We saw the picture in a magazine for fukuoka travel and decided to check that out. Actually it was pretty easy to travel there. Just 20 min in the train and done. The Buddha was part of the nanzoin Temple. We didn't expect the temple area to be so big! There were lots of other interesting statues like that luck bringing cat (maneki-neko) and many others. And the final was than that big laying Buddha. People say it brings luck to touch it feets and my gosh the feets were bigger than me :D what was even more surprising was that the temple was not so crowded like other equal areas around Tokyo. So if you are near fukuoka and are interested in those things I recommend the nanzoin Temple.
So at the end fukuoka was very relaxed. It's a big city but the people are not so rushed like in Tokyo. Maybe because it's  cheaper to live here. The rents in Tokyo are a nightmare...
So I really like to come again to fukuoka. The only problem around here is that they have less trains and more busses. That can be quite challenging even if you can read Japanese. At the main stations the bus informes in English but the rest is mainly in Japanese. It would be easier if my Japanese travel app which I really like (especially around Tokyo and even Okinawa was helpful) would know the Japanese bus station names in English writing. But maybe in the future they improve that. Still that app helps you much to find at least a station and the right bus number.
So at the end Tokyo is easier to travel for foreigners especially if they are not used to Kanji. But fukuoka is a nice city and worth a trip so don't be to afraid ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside of japan

Pokémon Café in Tokyo

Sold out