Hoppy and the cat cafe

The holiday is nearly done, we are busy with meeting many people and still im learning new things.
For example Hoppy (ホッピー).
We were at Yakiniku with old colleagues of my wife where I discovered that little bit unusual drink for me. It turned out to be some kind of light beer and you mix it in a glass with shochu(Japanese snaps). So I had half a glass shochu and mixed it with my hoppy and still much hoppy was left so I needed more shochu which then reminded me that I lately don't drink so much alcohol, so I got a little drunk. Funny drink. Also we could do a game for 500yen, where one of us could catch as much meat as possible with one hand to put it on the Yakiniku grill. I won the "who has the biggest hand challenge" on the table and was forced to do my best. がんばれ!(ganbare )
I managed around 300 gramm. Maybe not so much but also not bad. Anyway it was fun so thanks for forcing me :D
The next day my wife was shopping in shinjuku and I was suddenly in akihabara in my personal power spot. It's that one specific excelsior in akihabara where I often have intressting thoughts.
But I never noticed that cat cafe in the other side... Once I was in a cat cafe in cologne. In German rules with animals are very strict so the cats there have a good time.
In Japan I was once in a bunny cafe. It was intressting couse I thought it would never be allowed in Germany like that. It was nice and the staff was very friendly but a little bit dirty and the bunny's were a little bit anxious in small cages. Once I also visited an aquarium in Tokyo and was also not so pleased with the treatment of the animals. Japanese just have a different thinking of those stuff.
So back to the cat cafe in akihabara.
I tried. I was surprised. Positive surprised! Maybe in Germany still that kind would not be possible but I felt comfortable. Before entering, the customer's were forced to sanitize there hands. Then the stuff explained very carefully basic rules like don't force the cats, don't chase them etc. Shoes and bags must be put in a locker before entering and you get some fresh slippers instead. Drink inside only with cup. No eating.
I just realize maybe I'm probably very German if I like to have much rules :D
Many cats were there. Some were very sleepy, so they were going to higher places were customers couldn't reach them. Which means they can move freely. Some others played. The customers were also nice. Actually it seemed to be a date spot. So that's the way how Japanese guys want to win the hearts of woman :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside of japan

Pokémon Café in Tokyo

Sold out