Still Tokyo but far away

These days in Tokyo its much about meeting my wife's friends and my father in law and sister in law.
It's fun but also a hard schedule.
Yesterday we were still in Tokyo but also far away from the inner city Tokyo life. First in a more suburban area around Akishima city where I learned a traditional game called Kendama. It's a dexterity game where you try to catch a ball on a string at the plates or the stick of the "ken" with which you hold the Kendama. It's hard to explain but if you're interested you can ask my friend Google. He also told me that in the edo area some geishas used that kind of game as a secret weapon if it was necessary.
We basically just had a big laugh in trying it out :D
Later that day we were still in Tokyo prefecture but the looking was more like the area of my father in law in tokushima. Much forests and mountains. The village is called hinoharamura. We were there to met friends and there was also a local festival with a lighting of a Waterfall (much walking but really nice!) and a Hanabi which means fireworks. The fireworks were pretty close, so it was actually amazing!
Also we could eat local food at the festival. I found boar(wild pig) soup which is pretty rare for me. For me to eat a boar is something Asterix and Obelix are doing, so I enjoyed that pretty much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside of japan

Pokémon Café in Tokyo

Sold out